It's the perfect time to get everyone together to create and enjoy some cool treats! From ice pops to ice cream, we've got the amazing gear and goodies to help your family make some yummy summer memories.
Gone are the days of my childhood, when we would have to wait hours for our frozen treats to be ready to eat! Thanks to the Zoku line of quick makers, it is easy to create pops, slushes, shakes, and even ice cream in just minutes. You store your Zoku maker in the freezer and then remove and add your own ingredients, right on your countertop. I'm a huge fan of Zoku makers and use them all year round.
To learn more about Zoku, check out my "10 Reasons I Love Zoku" list below:
10 Reasons I LOVE Zoku
10. It's FAST! During the summer season, with children being off school and everyone on different schedules, time is at a premium. After a BBQ lunch or dinner, the last thing you want is to have to spend hours waiting for dessert to be ready. Same goes for when the kids (and let's be real, all their friends) run into the kitchen after a playing in the hot sun. How convenient is it to be able to whip up some ice pops, shakes, or ice cream in under ten minutes?!
9. It's FRESH! Using your own ingredients means you can be sure that your frozen treats are 100% fresh with no added preservatives. You can make a frozen pop with just a small amount of your family's favourite yogurt, or some fresh fruits and juice - YUM. The flavours are up to you, and whatever you choose, you know exactly what is in it since you've made it yourself.
8. It's EASY! Finally, a super-simple way to try out all of those shake, ice cream, and ice pop recipes that you've pinned! Fresh juice becomes a healthy slush treat in the Zoku Shake Maker - no need for a blender to crush the ice, since the cleverly designed Zoku freezes the juice, simply scrape with the included spoon and enjoy (the ice cream maker works in a similar way). The Zoku Quick Pop Maker is the easiest way to make fancy ice pops with layers or filling, since it freezes pops so quickly! You'll being making Instagram-worthy pops right away. :)
7. It's TIDY! No wooden ice pop sticks to throw away, no rock salt needed to make ice cream, no washing the blender - sounds good to me. All of the Zoku treat maker elements are reusable so there's no additional waste, think of all the packaging you'll avoid by making your own ice pops, shakes, slushes, and ice cream!
6. It's FUN! It's neat to watch your treats freeze right before your eyes. You can also add your favourite toppings and garnishes to create cute and delicious treats; it's easy to get creative with Zoku. Spontaneously deciding to make homemade, frozen treats really brings a smile to their faces - whether they're young or young at heart.
5. It's COOL! (In every sense!) There's nothing better on a hot summer day than cooling off with an ice pop, slush, or some ice cream. When the midday sun and heat calls for a respite, head inside and enjoy some Zoku treats! It is so fun to see how amazed people are when they try Zoku makers for the first time, it is really a "WOW!" sort of experience.
4. It's WELL MADE! Zoku has thought of everything; an incuded Super Tool that makes removing your pops a breeze, all elements are BPA and phthalate free, and no need for batteries or anything to plug in. Zoku makers are also very durable, I've had mine for years and they still look and work like they're brand new. It's great to have something in the kitchen that is made to last, instead of a collection of plastic that needs to be checked for cracks and replaced almost every summer.
3. It's PARTY PERFECTION! One of my favourite ways to use Zoku makers is at a get together. From play dates to Birthday parties, sleepovers or barbecues, Zoku makers are great for entertaining. Simply put out a selection of chilled juices, fruit segments and toppings for your guests to create with and you'll have a pleased crowd on your hands.
2. It's FAMILY FRIENDLY! Everyone in the family can get in on the fun. While really young kids should have some supervision and help when using Zoku makers, everyone can certainly enjoy eating the treats! Using your own ingredients means your Zoku treats can be made to specifically avoid any food allergy concerns, and custom made to meet any dietary needs your family members may have.
1. It's A PERFECT GIFT! Whether for Birthdays, housewarmings, hostess gifts, teacher/coach/tutor/babysitter gifts, thank you gifts - absolutely any occasion and any age 8+ (grown ups definitely included!), Zoku is a "go-to" present that is always well received. This is one of those gifts that really catch on - you receive one, then you give one, and the trend continues. (Personally I'm guilty of the "one for you, one for me" move when buying Zoku makers for gifts, lol.)
Auntie M Zoku Tips
- To make your ice pops even faster than the 7 minutes it takes (on average), you can place your frozen Zoku Quick Pop Maker in the freezer after you've filled it and placed the reusable pop stick. This speeds up the process, which is already incredibly fast!
- Prep some cute fruit shapes ahead of time and keep them in a container in the fridge, that way when the kiddos are ready to make quick pops, they'll have some fun garnishes ready to use.
- Keep your Zoku Makers in the freezer, that way you can make treats literally any time you feel like it. If you have a large collection of Zoku Makers, a chest freezer in the basement or garage is a perfect place for storage. You can also store your Zoku makers in the cupboard when not in use, just place them in the freezer the night before. I have a tiny freezer and can have a Single Quick Pop Maker and a couple of Slush Maker cores in there with more than enough room for frozen groceries.
Thanks so much for reading! If you're looking for more Zoku inspiration, check out our "Frozen Treats with the Zoku Maker" board on Pinterest. Has your family tried Zoku Makers? Which Zoku is your favourite, the Quick Pop Maker, Slush and Shake Maker or Ice Cream Maker? Let us know what you think in a comment below, or share your stories with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram - we LOVE hearing from you!
Have a great day and make some time to play! :)
*Editor's Note: This post was originally published July 22 2015.